Native American Course of Study (NACOS)
NACOS #1.07 Recognizing Differentiation and Congregational Anxiety
David O Kueker
Differentiation and Congregational Anxiety
– Bowen Family Systems patterns
– Steinke Church Conflict List
Health: Differentiation (1 Corinthians 12) while keeping in touch (1 Cor 13)
One direction: outward from center in self-selected directions … success.
Coercion: Triangling, conformity, cut off, bullying, conflict, etc.
One direction: from slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land … 40 years, everybody dies.
Asynchronous resources … website pages, videos to watch.
All are optional unless designated as required.
– Website: Twenty Observations about Troubled Congregations by Peter L. Steinke
– Website: Bowen Theory & Concepts http://www.bowentheoryeducationcenter.org/the-bowen-theory/bowen-theory-concepts
– Website Bowenian Family Systems Theory and Therapy
– Video Bowen Family Systems Theory
– Video Friedman’s Theory of Differentiated Leadership Made Simple
THREE REQUIRED RESOURCES: (a website, a video, a third item.)
Session Text: “SEMINAR TWO: An Invitation to Dialogue; Focus: Conversations Change Lives”, page
Website link #1
ADDITIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES VIEW – IF THEY ARE INTERESTING
Website link #2 – webpage TBA
Website link #3 – webpage TBA
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS – (Discussion questions will be added to the document and/or proposed on the class Facebook page.)