I am a part of the body of Christ – what is my function as a part of that body?
What is my talent, Lord? What is my gift?
What others find heavy you find easy to lift.
Where others are weak, in this you are strong.
Where others don’t fit in, you find you belong.
Your spiritual gift and your spiritual ministry lie at the intersection of your Heart, your Abilities, your Personality and your Experiences. This is where God Shows Up – this is where the manifestation of the Spirit happens. So consider your …
Who do I love? (Types of people)
Names of people I love:
What do I love?
What fascinates you? Curious, interested.
What can I do well?
What am I poor at?
Extraverted or Introverted?
S (detail oriented) or N (intuitive, big picture, imaginative)
T (thinking/analytical) or F (feels right)?
J (sequential, one thing at a time) or P (multitasking, loves variety)?
Experiences: 10,000 hours. Been there, done that. Lots.
– Life experiences: “welcome to the club” – What have I had lots of experience with?
Spiritual Gift: to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. I Cor 12:7 – this is where God shows up and works through us.
Any such experience? How do you feel God working through you to do God’s will?
Fishing for People
What is the connection between this activity and fishing for people? How does it encourage relationships with others that allow conversation or sharing kindness?
Resources for S.H.A.P.E.
S.H.A.P.E. is the gifts and ministry identification process used at Saddleback Community Church. It is a part of “Class 301” which focuses on helping people discern their ministry of service. “To help church members identify meaningful ways to serve using their SHAPE, as taught in class 301. We are volunteers who meet one-on-one with church members who have taken CLASS 301 and have completed a SHAPE profile to assist them in discovering possibilities for service that would be most rewarding for them. By understanding their SHAPE, we try to connect them with various ministries, individuals and opportunities that would be a good fit.”
Resources for purchase: http://www.saddlebackresources.com/collections/shape
Rick Warren’s Sermon Series on S.H.A.P.E. – Outlines: http://cdn.rickwarren.org/message-outlines/SHAPED.pdf
A variety of local churches have developed their own version of S.H.A.P.E.
– First Baptist Church, Bristol – http://www.fbcbristol.org/docs/SHAPE_Inventory.pdf
– Timberline Church, Fort Collins, CO
– Document: http://www.hoc6.org/newark/files/SHAPE%20Hardcopy.pdf
– Online survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/966912/S-H-A-P-E-V2-COPY
– Solana Beach Presbyterian Church – http://www.sbpcshape.org/FAQ-Page1
– Mountain Springs Church, Colorado Springs – http://mountainsprings.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SHAPE-Assessment1.pdf
– Trenton Church of Christ – http://storage.cloversites.com/trentonchurchofchrist/documents/Shape_Assessment1.pdf