GENERAL COURSE GOALS – By the end of the course each participant will:
1. Discover the place of doctrine in relation to the missional movement known as Methodism.
What questions or comments do you have about this goal?
Questions related to this goal:
– Why is an understand of doctrine necessary? Or helpful? Why?
– To you, is Methodism a church? Or a movement?
– What does ‘missional’ mean to you – emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and physically?
– Are we as a church on a mission? Do you feel that you are on a mission?
– If so, what is our mission? What is your mission?
This is one of the course goals from the Leader’s manual, Living Our United Methodist Beliefs by George Hovaness Donigian, published by Discipleship Resources in 2011. Feel free to comment on this goal as your understanding develops through the course.